Sunday, September 14, 2014

Under the Dome- Theory two

Continuing to read the book, I found another possible theory that would explain why the dome is there, or at least help explain part of the mystery surrounding the dome. It's a little more out there and random, but I think it makes a little sense. Keep in mind that the book is horror with a little fantasy(the dome) so a number of things can be possible. There are a small group of kids so far who have had seizures. Mostly Janelle, but her sister Judy and a kid named Rory had one too. During Janelle's seizure, she mentioned how they had to stop Halloween, and mentioned the great pumpkin. Rory, a farmers boy, had a seizure and mentioned the exact same thing. I thought this was odd and directly related to the dome for some reason. I think the seizures give abstract hints about events. Janelle had a nightmare/seizure once; when her dad woke her she was mumbling about how there is a golden baseball and that it's a bad golden baseball. Of course her father told her not to worry, the baseball is good, not knowing what she was talking about. Then he remembered how they have this golden retriever, Audrey, who barks when Janelle has her seizures. The dad thought there was some sort of connection. However, in the next chapter, we learn that Big Jim has a golden baseball trophy. Coincidence? I think the dome is connected somehow. Either way, the event was strange and got me thinking. Judy had a seizure too and was talking about pink stars. "'She said 'The pink stars are falling. The pink stars are falling in lines.' then she said, 'It's so dark and everything smells bad.' Then she woke up and everything was fine.'"(Marta, the baby sitter, was describing to the mother what happened.) pg.389 I'll admit that I cheated on this theory a little; I had seen an episode of under the dome farther along than where I am in the book where pink stars are mentioned a lot. I do think that, as random as this is, these seizures go hand and hand with the dome-and pink stars.

Comment where you think the dome came from!

No comments:

Post a Comment